Researching some things for my Pulp Noir Ink & Shadows stories and came across this interesting article in Salon’s newsletter.
FROM THE ARTICLE:
I interviewed her as she got tattooed; she showed no reaction to the pain she was receiving. This led the tattooist working on her to observe that “women sit so much better than men.”
#tattoo #tattooed #women
They made a rhythmic click-clack sound
[You’ll need to watch the video below or be familiar with the novel or movie, The Caine Mutiny for this to make sense, or be humorous, to you.]
We were at sea and I went from the Combat Information Center to the ship’s bridge to match nav fixes with the Quartermaster’s chart. Done with that little bit of duty I walked over to the Captain who was also on the bridge at the time. I didn’t say anything as I stood there next to him. He was tall, about 6′ 4.” He glanced down at me.
“Lowery…” he nodded his head.
“Cap’n…” I nodded back.
We looked out on the Persian Gulf. We’d just transited the Straits of Hormuz. I reached into my pocket and took out two ball bearings I kept handy for the right occasion. I began to roll them in my hand. They made a rhythmic click-clack sound. He didn’t turn to me but I felt him stiffen. Neither of us looked at each other. I knew it was coming.
“Lowery, get off of my bridge…”
“Aye aye, sir.”
Types of Clients Since 2010
Writing | Ghostwriting | Re-Writing / Improving / Editing | Story & Book Development | Publishing
Their book projects range from memoirs and novels to geopolitical, history (including historical fiction), military, self-help, business and career-related topics.
- President of a Nonprofit Organization
- Plastic Surgeon, renowned Physician of the Year
- Deputy National Security Advisor
- Retired / Renowned Artist
- Entrepreneur Who Sold Her Multi-million Dollar Company
- General, US Marine Corps (retired), former Assistant Commandant of the US Marine Corps
- US Senator (retired)
- 3 Vice Admirals, US Navy (retired)
- Renowned Artist/Art Historian & Art Dealer
- Senior VP of a Fortune 500 Company
- Gallery Owner & Art Dealer in Manhattan
- Lieutenant Colonel, US Marine Corps (retired)
- Major, US Army Intelligence (retired)
- Colonel, US Marine Corps (retired)
- Colonel, US Army (retired)
- 3 Captains, US Navy (retired)
- 4 Attorneys (with specialized practices)
- Major General, US Army
- Major General, US Air Force (retired)
- 2 Rear Admirals, US Navy (retired)
- 2 CIA Agents (retired)
- 2 CEOs of NYSE/multi-billion dollar companies
- 5 University Professors with Doctorates
- 2 Medical Doctors
- Graduate of the Afghanistan Military Academy and a Soviet Union Trained Fighter Pilot (defected to the US)
- Former Assistant Secretary of the Navy
- Former Senior Advisor to the Assistant Secretary of State for Human Rights and Humanitarian Affairs
- Former Special National Security Affairs Advisor
Charlie and the Evil Dead
He was too late. Just outside the classroom, before the stalking dead took her down, he heard her scream:
“Wonhk, wawohnk, wa wohnk. WONHK!”
Then silence…. and the chewing sounds began. He turned away to head toward where he could make a last stand.
One of the Stories I Might Write – MSB with a cover reveal
My wife enjoys playing first-person shooter games and loves action movies and TV series that have a woman character that can kick ass. As a joke I told her I was going to write this story and planned to post this cover reveal on Facebook. That startled her and she said, “Please don’t.” She was thinking of what family would say or think, something I don’t pay much mind to. Still I respected her wish and didn’t. But you know… maybe I will write a story about her. Metal Starbitch that is. 😉
Sample of Adducent’s Projects and Dennis Lowery’s Personal Work in 2015
2015 was an incredibly busy year (and this does not show another novel now in final revision that will complete in January 2016 for a client). If you are interested in my help to make your story a reality in 2016, click here.
AFTER The Bomb – a reader wonders what happens next
“Good one! I hope the story would be continued after that… um… explosive ending!” –Damon Xanders, about Honey, Where’s That Book
To which I replied: Thanks Damon; you never know — the saga of Bob, Jane, Sandy and Timmy in the aftermath might continue. Does Jane leave to search for Arturo (her true love, so she believes). Does Bob dig the Edsel out of the rubble to turn it into a shrine to memorialize what he’s lost. Does Sandy live long enough to get her braces off (and does their metal become radioactive through exposure to fallout). Does Timmy ever tell his mom and dad what really happened to his pet hamster. So many lose ends to deal with and we haven’t talked about survival yet. 🙂